Red Rocks Amphitheatre | Morrison, Colorado
Red Rocks 8 o'clock Howl at Red Rocks Amphitheater on Wednesday, April 28th 2021. The Red Rocks 8 o’clock Howl opens the iconic venues’ 80th anniversary, not with platinum-selling acts, but those who have kept the music playing during the Covid-19 pandemic from their front porches, churches, yards and hospitals. Among those scheduled to perform, an 85-year-old Boulder pianist who entertained residents of a nursing home, police and firefighters whose bagpipes played for communities across the state, and an ICU nurse whose voice was the sound of caring during the pandemic. Grab your tickets for what is going to be an iconic night!
Colorado's iconic Red Rocks Amphitheatre will open its 80th Anniversary season on April 28, not with one of the venue's usual platinum-selling headliners, but with a roster of acts that have performed throughout the COVID-19 pandemic for those in nursing homes, intensive care units, churches or front yards. A special part of the event will feature an "8 o'clock howl," a literal howl from 2,500 people in the venue. The howl will be led by the Denver couple who spurred the vocal thank-you to frontline workers last year with a Facebook group that now numbers more than 600,000 from 100 countries, all symbolically thanking front line workers by howling each night during the pandemic. It’s an emotional first night back from a pandemic that has touched audiences and those associated with the concert industry, and a fitting way for Red Rocks to celebrate those who have lifted spirits through their personal passions for music.
Among the performers:
· The police and firefighters of the Emerald Society Bagpipers who played nightly in communities across Colorado
· Intensive Care Unit nurse Emily Worthem who sang for patients at UC Health
· Dove Award-winning vocalist JoFoKe, trumpeter Shane Endsley and pianist Adam Waite performed gospel and jazz online
· The nationally-ranked Longmont High School drumline competed nationally – but online
· Special remarks from Denver Mayor Michael B. Hancock
· Additional artists to be announced