Red Rocks Amphitheater Rules
Red Rocks Amphitheater and Red Rocks Park wants everyone to have a safe, fun, and unforgettable time at the show. But to keep it enjoyable for everyone, there are certain rules and policies in place. Please read these policies before you arrive. Because guests found in violation may be banned or expelled without refund. If you have any questions, you may call the venue at (720) 865-2494.
Bag Inspections Policy
For your safety and the safety of others, guests and their possessions are subject to inspection as a condition of admittance. Please have your bags open and available for inspection. Red Rocks management reserves final decision on items brought into the venue. Intoxicated patrons may be denied admittance to the amphitheater.
General Code of Conduct
These are the general rules that all guests are required to abide by.
- Access to the amphitheater is subject to scheduled events. A ticket may be required for admittance.
- Amplified music is not allowed (unless permitted by the venue); please limit the enjoyment of music to headphones.
- Exercise equipment that obstructs access to stairs, benches and other areas or that could cause damage to the venue or injury to others is not allowed.
- Climbing or hanging on venue structures is prohibited.
- No rock climbing or off-trail use, violators are subject to arrest and prosecution.
- Pets are welcome during non-event hours. By law, you are required to leash and clean up after your pet.
- Signage (commercial or otherwise) is not allowed.
- By trademark law, you may not reproduce the logo or represent any unauthorized affiliation with Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre.
- Setting up tables and booths is prohibited.
- The use of skateboards and rollerblades is prohibited.
- Private vending is prohibited, which includes, but is not limited to, the sale of merchandise, food, beverages, and tickets.
- Remote controlled flying devices or UAVs (unmanned aerial vehicles) are prohibited.
- Single pocket bags and clear bags no larger than 13” x 15” x 8”
- Small purses and fanny packs that are 6″ x 9″ or smaller
- Non-alcoholic beverages in factory sealed plastic containers (32 oz. or less), unless prohibited by the show; some shows may require the removal of lids upon entering the amphitheatre.
- Empty, reusable water bottles – e.g., Nalgene bottles, Camelbaks, aluminum bottles (32 oz. or less)
- Hydration packs (Camelbaks, etc.) are allowed but limited to 2L in size, must be emptied of all liquid and have no more than one pocket in addition to the one holding the water reservoir
- Soft-sided coolers, six-pack size (10″ x 7″ x 7″ or smaller)
- Food for personal consumption only; food must be in a clear plastic bag (one gallon or less), fruit and vegetables must be sliced, plastic utensils only
- Blankets: Can be no larger than 40″ x 60.”
- They must not extend beyond ticketed seating
- area and are not permitted on any walkways
- Stadium seats and seat cushions (must be under 18″ wide, cannot have legs)
- Personal point-and-shoot cameras without
- removable lenses (unless prohibited
- by the show)
- Empty poster tubes
- Hat (you can still look good!)
- Sunglasses (get some funky ones!)
- Raincoat or rain poncho (Trust us. Ignore the forecast and bring a raincoat!)
- Warm layer (See above!) You’re coming to Colorado, might as well grab a puffy coat to fit in!
The following items are not allowed within the venue. Please leave these at home. Items on this list may be confiscated and thrown out if you are found to be in possession.
- Bags with multiple pockets, as well as any bag larger than 13″ x 15″ x 8″
- Alcoholic beverages, marijuana and illegal drugs
- Glass bottles/objects or aluminum cans
- Liquids in non-factory sealed containers
- Aerosols (e.g. hairspray and sunscreen)
- Animals including emotional support animals (with the exception of service animals as defined by the ADA)
- Remote controlled flying devices or UAVs (unmanned aerial vehicles, drones)
- Weapons of any kind (e.g. guns, knives, pepper spray / mace, chains, studded / spiked jewelry
- Poi (e.g. sticks, ropes, balls)
- Audio or video recording devices, Go Pros, 360-degree cameras, tablets and cameras with removable lenses
- Laser pointers
- Hard-sided coolers or soft-sided coolers larger than 10″ x 7″ x 7″
- Selfie sticks
- Totems (self-crafted, decorated sticks or poles)
- Bullhorns and noisemakers
- Strollers of any kind
- Full face masks / helmets which obscure the identity of the wearer
- Confetti, glitter and other items that can be thrown
- Hula hoops
- Any other item deemed inappropriate by management or visiting entertainers
Smoking is not allowed in most areas of the venue. This includes vapes, e-cigs, and other forms of smoking and smoking paraphernelia. There are smoking sections designated throughout the venue that may be used. Please contact staff on-site if you need help finding one of these sections.
Tailgating must be confined to the rear of your vehicle and not interfere with the parking of other vehicles. Tents and canopies are not permitted. Due to the risk of fire, open flame fires and charcoal grills are prohibited. Small gas-controlled grills are allowed unless there are temporary fire bans in effect. Open alcohol is prohibited in the park, and it may be confiscated. Violators are subject to ejection and possible citation.